Friday, November 30, 2007

Saawariya Songs


I was the first to get warnings about saawariya, as my friends knew my love for movies and faith on Mr. Bhansali. They cited examples, recited dialogues and ridiculed the ending. It seemed my favorite creator of aesthetics had gone wrong.

No…I watched the songs today on youtube…. He rules… He rocks...

“Jab se tere naina” : The song is romance. Each expression and every movement remind of the madness love creates. How one loose control over sensibilities and yet enjoys the thrills of the fall; the fall in love. When even loneliness gets embellished by the thoughts of some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UviVAk392Nw&feature=related

"Masha-Allah" : The song talks about a guy mesmerized by beauty of a lady. What a way to generate admiration of a lady. I loved the way masha-allah words come in when her dupatta falls from her head, when he sees her through the glass and when she bends close to him under the bridge. Breath-taking indeed!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WvMu5wT4Dk&feature=related



“Thode badmash ho tum” : The song was not my favorite, before I saw it. The song is about companionship, with expression, expectations and relations very clear depicted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Zsvx6eF7w&feature=related

So absolutely charming!! Some of the best picturized songs ever created, on equally spectacular music. How I wish I could view life and love, the Bhansali way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know whether you read this book called "Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand .......but after reading it ...i kinda realised there 2 kinda artists inthe world...one who works for there own satisfaction and others for public satisfaction .
I am sure this time bhansali worked for his satisfaction ....some people with his mindset liked the worked but majority not . Its good that he worked for himself this time ,may b thats y he picked newcomers

watever I liked the songs too and there picturization specially masha allah.
jabse tera naina... It's a nice song but too gay.

Keep up the good work.

Deepak Gupta said...

i didnt see the movie scared by all the reviews it got. believe them na.. a ticket in black at 400 on friday moring , sat at 160 ...