Today is the eve of my birthday. And the resolution for coming year is to stay fabulously happy. The start is auspicious; I can’t stop smiling every time I look at the mirror and notice my new earrings I gifted to my pretty self.
So life happens and problems come gushing. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. We deal with some like an invincible super hero but some hit us hard on our vulnerability and we succumb. Then what follow is pain, dilemma and hurt till friends and family come to our rescue and with their support we overcome.
Why go through the painstaking process to breaking and recovering each time? Allow me to list the rules of happiness and life, to remind us when we need it incase our friends are not there to hold our hands.
• We cannot control all situations. We can do the best and leave the rest.
• Listen to all opinions, but make your own decision.
• We have no power on what people think about us or interpret our actions and words
• Who said mistakes and faults are unacceptable, we are called mortals for a reason
• Be yourself
• We can live to the fullest whatever life has to offer us.
• Express yourself.
• Rules and “normalcy” are overrated.
• Music heals
• Meet people and talk, you will realize pains and problems are not exclusive to you
• Forget more and analyze less
• God is always there right beside us, helping us through various means.
Hopefully this year life will treat all of us a little more kindly. And even if it doesn’t happiness is a cup of coffee, a chat with a friend, a well written article, a colleague you helped, a fear you conquered, a meal you had, a gift you bought, the extra pound you shed and yes those earrings :) All iz Well!!