Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Just a normal night of my normal life ...

 Diary Entry: Nov 2 

I was exhausted and sleep deprived by the time the weekend ended. Not a great place to be at. So Sunday night, I read my book to calm the effects of working late at night and hit the bed trying to squeeze as much sleep as possible.

As I start drifting to sleep I witness shaking of the walls and may be my bed. Something like this used to happen when contractors were working at my house and they walked on the flat roof. I start wondering who can be on the roof at that hour. A person sounds very scary and an animal too small to make an impact like that. Also there may have been a bed shaking which could not be explained. I wondered if the neighbors hit their car against the garage wall or something. And if my headboard was too close to the wall.

Anyway, I tried to put myself back to sleep when I feel a very definite shaking of the bed. It cannot be explained by an impact on adjoining walls. Now I wonder if a small (I hope) animal entered the house when I left the patio door open in the evening for cross ventilation. I woke up and switched on all the lights and became jumpy in anticipation of a small, ugly animal jumping at me. I suddenly, thought about the cayotes seen in the office parking lot, late at night.

I did not find any animal, so I was left with nothing to do but get back in bed and try to sleep after architect-ing tactical setting of my covers to dodge the swarms of mosquito, which definitely entered when I left my patio door open.

It was not easy sleeping with open question like which human was on my roof and which animal was in my bed … but I eventually did.

I woke up and decided to not instigate further and return to a normal week. This decision may or may not have followed a news of certain earthquake in Phoenix area.

2 comments:

Dhinvira said...

Lol.. That's why you need stop working late ..even once in a while.. Dekho.. Darthi hilake rakh diya.. If something goes wrong.. Blame it on work..

Priti said...

Haha!!! yup!!! not my fault :)