Friday, February 23, 2007

Heroes and Villains

I love movies...
And I wonder life would be so cool if it was like movies, besides having designer cloths irrespective of your economic status and perfect hair at all times including near-death situation… it will be definite if a person is good or bad. A black/bad person can be identified (though the same doesn’t happen easily in movies, from evil stepmothers to scheming politician all do fine till the climax…) and then you can just deplore them.
For the people who make my life a little more difficult then what it is…in real life… are not bad people, just that they decided not be good with me or giving them some more benefit of doubt, their priorities are different then mine and they are in a position to assert themselves more and not in a mood to be gracious, at times reasonable. And that does not qualify them as villains. .
Heroes in my life are primarily friends, who stand beside me and often support me in my views and life. Helping me realize my dreams, overcome my fears and at times see through the mist of life. Actually honestly, most of the times my hero’s are the people I like, subjectively … without rhyme or reason they just seem worth listening to and worth being with, I am absolutely biased and believe in them...till they prove me wrong.
But my heroes change and at times, very dramatically they exchange positions with my villains and vice versa (this happens seldom). This is as bad as not having a background music score in my life. This gets pretty difficult to live with these constant role reversals, changing screenplay. Almost all the lines and dialogues I rehearse in my head over a coffee or in the shower to deal with the possible situations in my day are never spoken. And like the weather department, most of my predictions on relationships and friendships are bizarre.
I assume, haven proven wrong in my ability to comprehend, analyze and extrapolate; its time when I learn to meet someone without forming an opinion about him or her, without predicting the course of our interactions and without expecting.
Or may be I will stick with writing fiction … that’s the easier way … to have at least some things your way. May be that is the real reason why some people make movies…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every art-work is a kind of escapism...?

Cheers
Vara.

Priti said...

not all, but many are...
other reasons for creativity include.... the urge to express youself, materialize your thoughts, Voracity for fame and money...